IPPG sponsors the establishment of the first AI Education and Training Center in the South
26 - 04 - 2021
On April 24, 2021, Vietnam National University, Ho Chi Minh City (VNU-HCM) and Imex Pan Pacific Group (IPPG) officially launched the "Training Program for Artificial Intelligence and Robot Technology (AIC)” at Information Technology Park (ITP) under VNU-HCM.
Ceremony to establish the first artificial intelligence education and training center in the South
AIC has invested more than 32 billion VND, belonging to a 230 billion VND package sponsored by IPPG for VNU-HCM and Dalat University to establish the CEO Training School and AI Education Development (according to the previous Memorandum of Understanding signed on July 26, 2019). AIC was established by the Information Technology Park under VNU-HCM, with a total area of 3,000 m2. This place will be used for learning activities, seminars, organizing competitions, etc. And, the training capacity at AIC is more than 42,000 students per year.
AIC is the first artificial intelligence training center for K12 (grades 1 to 12) in the South with documents that have been Vietnameseized and adapted to the educational program in Vietnam.
Intelligent Robot performance at the founding ceremony
AIC is taught in the STEM/STEAM approach to stimulate the passion for science and technology among Vietnamese students, thereby incubating and developing AI talents, equipping AI skills and knowledge so that the young generation can be integrated into high-quality human resources in the future of the 4.0 technology era globally.
The AIC is also the first center in IPPG's five-year AI education development strategy chain (2021 - 2025). It is expected that IPPG will coordinate with universities and educational institutions to establish 10 additional AI centers and install 1,800 AI Labs with the goal of training AI for more than 2.5 million students each year.
To keep up with the trend of development and research results of the world on AI education, the IPPG’s professional advisory board (including domestic and foreign professors and doctors specializing in AI) is established to select the AI training program in the world that matches the following criteria:
- Internationality: the program is being carried out in many countries around the world.
- Developability: the program is built by international organizations, has links with many famous universities and has an R&D department.
- Comprehensiveness: the program system includes textbooks, teaching materials and teacher training programs, professional practice and competition opportunities, a certification system, and more.
- Systematic: the program has a roadmap and well-defined goals throughout, from input to output, wide coverage from grade 1 to grade 12, university and postgraduate.
- Interoperability: the program is suitable for Vietnamese education, easy to deploy and develop.
- Economy: the program is affordable for many schools to deploy equipment.
Display space at the AIC center
Through the selection process and by applying all the rigorous selection criteria, IPPG's professional advisory board has reached the final decision and let IPPG buy the copyright of the AI Future Intelligent Manufacture textbooks of UBtech Education USA, bringing it to Vietnam. This AI program has also been taught in many developed countries around the world, including the USA, Australia, China, and Korea. After a period of editing under the strict quality supervision of specialized trainers, leading experts in the field of AI and education and training at VNU-HCM, the AI Future Intelligent Manufacture syllabus has been evaluated by the Board of Experts (including professors, associate professors, and doctors in computer science, technology and pedagogy from the Ho Chi Minh City University of Education and Viet Nam National University), eligible to be taught at AIC on January 11, 2021.
Learning spaces at AIC
The AIC includes the following activities:
- AI - Robotics program with flexible training times.
- Summer Camp lasts from 1-8 weeks for students.
- AI teacher training course - Robotics from basic to advanced level.
- Organize Workshop on AI - Robotics for the community and enterprises.
In addition, AIC also has a showcase for AI solutions. Here, visitors can learn and experience AI products that have been used by businesses in Vietnam and the world, as well as AI scientific products of research groups at universities, and have a firsthand view of the complete robot models of AIC students after a hands-on study at AIC.
With continuous efforts, in the coming time, AIC will strive to become the Center for applied research and AI training of Ho Chi Minh City, which contributes to selecting, training and supplying AI talent for businesses and the country.